Thursday, April 19, 2007

Time to Blog Now

Although I have not posted here in a while, be sure that I have been busily stampin away...
And, on top of stampin, I went to the Japanese Friendship Garden here in Phoenix, AZ for the first time this past Saturday, April 14, 2007 with my Red Hat Group ~ The Cute Tomatoes.
It was wonderful! A lush green oasis in the desert. What eye candy to behold. The day was a little warm, not too hot, with some cool breezes. I took many photos and sent some out to close friends and family to show them that there are green things here in the desert.
Our group also attended the Formal Tea Ceremony. We drank macha tea, it was good, good for me and tasted like super green tea, along with a little Japanese sweet treat.
After that and trying to battle the traffic downtown that midday, our group went to a Japanese restaurant called The Cherry Blossom. We were there for about three hours, chitting, chatting and getting to know each other. What a group of awesome, spirited, adventurous women!
I look forward to out little outings which are planned by our Queen Mum, Cherrie.
Hats off to all Red Hatters around the world. I am overjoyed to be part of such an elite and
joyful group of women.
Have to go now to get ready for the CKC Scrap Book Convention tomorrow bright and early.
My dear friend Anne and I will be volunteering at one of the classrooms. I hope to be inspired and return home full of artsy ideas for papercrafting projects.

No comments: